Once again, Skeleton Park Arts Festival is bringing all of the community love with live music, artisans and incredible events happening Wednesday June 21 – Sunday, June 25. And bonus – these events are all free!
- All of the Outdoor Yoga! You might have noticed that I love outdoor yoga and from Friday June 23 – Sunday, June 25 from 7:30 am – 8:30 am, Dallas Delahunt of Studio 330 will leading classes in Skeleton Park (McBurney park) with the sound of jazz guitarist David Barton and pianist, Ian Wong. Learn more about these yoga classes.
- Outdoor Screening and Lost Cousins Show: The Lost Cousins will be performing live in Skeleton Park on Friday, June 23 starting around 7 pm. The night will be capped off with an outdoor screening in Skeleton Park of the film “Live in Kingston” a romantic comedy that features Kingston’s live music scene. Learn more about Lost Cousins and Friday’s performance.
- The Kingston Stilters: It’s not everyday you see people casually strutting around in stilts. You can catch them on Saturday at 1:30! Learn more about the Kingston Stilters.
- Saturday Hillside Poetry: New to the festival this year, there will be readings by local poets Helen Humphries, Jason Heroux, Armand Ruffo, Sadiqa deMeijer will be accompanied by musicians Nathan Lawr, Jenny Whiteley and Fred Penner in Hillside Park (just around the corner from Skeleton Park). Learn more about Hillside Poetry.
- Barefoot Players: Sunday at noon you can catch a performance by the Barefoot Players at the Theatre Side Stage. “Inspired by French Canadian folklore and legend, the Barefoot Players will take audiences on a storytelling portage with Flying Canoes, heaps of poutine, while singing songs about Evangeline and Gabrielle and dancing to the tune of Ah! Si Mon Moine Voulait Danser!’” Learn more about the Barefoot Players.
- Artisan Fair: On Saturday and Sunday from 10-5 you can find local food vendors, community booths, the boxtopia village and more right in Skeleton Park! Learn more about Skeleton Park Arts Festival.