It’s been fun sharing all of your #whyiloveygk quotes on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! This week I want change it up and focus strictly on downtown Kingston for a chance to win prizes! A big thanks to DKShopfest — happening June 17 — for this opportunity.
When I interviewed Melissa Eapen in the Fall she said something that resonated with me, “Something you would think would be a good business decision, let’s bring a major book store with home accessories into downtown. No, it’s okay because the little book shop that’s been open for like 40 years down the street, they know what’s good.” Referring to Princess Street’s Chapters Indigo, Melissa perfectly captured how incredible Kingston’s support local culture is. Because of this, our downtown shopping experience is like no other! And DKshopfest will be highlighting our favourite downtown shops with a sidewalk sale this upcoming Saturday. I am excited to team up with the DKshopfest to promote the amazing downtown shops by giving away $75 worth of gift cards to my favourite downtown shops: SimplyWell, Cher Mere Spa and Pan Chancho! These businesses are all locally owned and contribute to downtown’s greatness!
If you would like to enter to win, here is what you need to do:
- Head over to Instagram,
- Follow Keep up with Kingston
- Find the post with the image above on my instagram.
- Like the post
- Comment why you love downtown kingston
- Tag your shopping bestie
- Use the hashtag #ilovedowntownktown.
- If you want to increase your chances of winning, share your own post with the hashtag #ilovedowntownktown and tag @keepupwithkingston.
- I will be sharing my favourite responses over the summer on FB, Twitter and Instagram and I will pick the winner this Thursday, June 15!